Bird Island Park, adjacent to the Ponte Vedra Beach Library, is the first park encountered by travelers heading south along the A1A Byway. The park is home to the Bird Island rookery, one of many migratory sites along the Great Florida Birding Trail. The park illustrates the ecosystems of Northeast Florida and highlights the native flora and fauna along the two walking trails with interactive art sculptures, educational signs, gazebos, benches and a boardwalk surrounding a pond.
1.8 miles: heading south on the byway.
Look for the flashing yellow light on A1A located at the intersection
with Library Blvd.
The park is located on the south side of the Ponte Vedra Public Library.
101 Library Blvd.
Points Of Interest
- Ponte Vedra Beach
- Bird Island Park
- Mickler’s Landing
- Guana Tolomato Matanzas
- Guana Tolomato Matanzas Environmental Ed Center
- Nease Beachfront Park
- Vilano Beach
- Colonial St. Augustine
- St. Augustine
- The Flagler Factor
- America’s Tourism Capital 1890-1930
- Anastasia Island
- Fort Matanzas – National Monument
- Marineland and UF Whitney Lab
- Washington Oaks Gardens State Park
- Malacompra Plantation Archaeological Site
- Betty Steflik Memorial Reserve
- Flagler Beach Pier
- Gamble Rogers Memorial State Park