Perhaps no stretch of highway reaches further into America’s history than the A1A Scenic & Historic Coastal Byway. An officially designated American Byway®, the 72 miles of mostly two-lane roadway navigate nature’s beauty, history, and true serenity. The land and waters on either side of the Byway have been part of the sweep of American history, nature, archaeology, and recreation for nearly 500 years.
From the northern boundary of St. Johns County, the Byway bisects the seaside luxury and golf mecca known as Ponte Vedra Beach, and weaves through America’s oldest city, St. Augustine; finally ending at the terminus of Flagler County at a seaside park named for a true folk hero, the Gamble Rogers Memorial Park on Flagler Beach, the A1A Scenic & Historic Coastal Byway connects State Parks, National Monuments, stunning beaches, nature trails, boating, fishing, preserves, estuaries and all of America’s diverse people. Recognized as a National Scenic Byway in 2002, the A1A Scenic & Historic Coastal Byway was designated as Florida's second All-American Road on February 16, 2021.
2022 Friends of A1A Featured Events
Building Better Byways NSBF/FDOT FSHP Conference 2022
March 28-April 1, 2022
A1A All-American Road Ribbon Cutting Presented by HT Production Co.
March 28, 2022
10th Annual Spoonbills & Sprockets Cycling Tour
April 2, 2022
13th Kids Ocean Day Florida
April 29, 2022
A1A Board & Stakeholder Retreat 2022
June 1, 2022
- 20November 20, 2021You read it right! We’re doing it again!Teaming up with our neighboring Florida Scenic Highways and National Scenic Byways, the Friends of A1A Scenic & Historic Coastal Byway are bringing you the 150 mile Super Scenic Garage Sale!Mark your calendar for this November and get ready to shop or sell over 150 miles along Florida’s east coast.Starting in Fernandina Beach and ending in Ponce Inlet, we’re exited to host Florida’s most anticipated shopping extravaganza of the year.Shoppers: Explore miles and miles of shopping along A1A through Nassau, Duval, St. Johns, Flagler and Volusia counties with a delightful mix of locations to stop and shop, while exploring our coastal communities along the way.
There are many participating locations and increasing weekly, offering major community sites to shop, homes and local businesses.Sellers, local businesses and restaurants: Sign up early to get your location on the site map. Registration NOW OPEN!
https://scenica1a.org/super-scenic-150-mile-garage-sale/Be sure to download our free A1A Scenic Byway Mobi Tour App in your Play Store or App Store powered by TravelStorys and let your adventure this fall begin!
To register or find out more, visit https://scenica1a.org/super-scenic-150-mile-garage-sale/If you have any questions, please contact A1A Super Scenic Garage Sale Coordinator Danielle Anderson at (904) 425-8055.Some of the Community Sites Include:
– South Ponte Vedra Civic Assn – S. Ponte Vedra
– North Shores Improvement Association Community Center – North Vilano Beach
– Vilano Beach Publix on Poplar Road – Vilano Beach Town Center
– St. Augustine Beach Pier Park Bocce Courtyard – St. Augustine Beach
– Coastal Policy Center – Marineland
– First Baptist Church – The Hammock
– Schnebly Rec. Center -Daytona Beach
– Lillian Place Heritage Center – Daytona Beach
– Ponce Inlet Community Center – Ponce Inlet
2021 Friends of A1A Events
International Coastal Cleanup
September 18, 2021
10th Annual Spoonbills & Sprockets Cycling Tour
November 6, 2021
13th Annual Super Scenic Garage Sale
November 20, 2021
A1A Mobi Tour with National Partner TravelStorys sponsored in part by St. Johns County TDC is now free in your app store!
Download the TravelStorys App and start your adventure!
Pick up our 2021 20th Anniversary A1A Scenic Byway Map at Florida Welcome Centers and local businesses!
Join Friends of A1A by Clicking Here
Art aficionados will appreciate the many premier art galleries along the Byway. With nearly 100 different types of venues, visitors can view the art of many genres from international, national and local artists, much of it featuring nature, aquatics and Florida’s environment. Mediums include oil, acrylic, and watercolor paintings; wood, stone, marble and granite sculptures; ceramic and clay pottery; black and white and color photographs; hand-blown glass, handmade jewelry, various textiles, and many other imaginative creations. Public art along the Byway includes colorful mosaics, sculptures, and statues.
Please consider renewing your membership. Memberships support our mission to protect, preserve, promote and enhance A1A. THANK YOU!
Donations may be made online by clicking the donate button below OR send to:
Friends of A1A Scenic & Historic Coastal Byway
2175 Mizell Rd., St. Augustine, FL 32080
For your visiting guests, stock up on our A1A Map Brochures and rack cards found in our area
visitor information centers, business supporters, and Chambers or give us a call: 904-425-8055.
A Copy of the Official Registration and Financial Information May Be Obtained from The Division of Consumer Services by Calling Toll-Free Within the State. Registration Does Not Imply Endorsement, Approval, Or Recommendation by The State.